}

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 11, 2013

ARETHA FRANKLIN BIOPIC IN THE WORKS...And David Lee Hunter is NOT the Executive Producer

The Huffington Post reported today that Aretha Franklin will take a meeting this weekend with the team producing her biopic.

And before David Lee Hunter gloms onto Ree like he tried with Marvin, here are the deets, straight from The D.









Aretha Franklin has a meeting this weekend in New Jersey about her upcoming biopic, which has been in the works for years. Franklin says she's heavily involved in the project, including who will play her in the film. Front-runners include Jennifer Hudson and Tony winner Audra McDonald.

"I just try to come up with the names I feel are going to best present this, who are the people that will best present my biopic and what I have in mind," the 71-year-old singer said in an interview Thursday with The Associated Press.

AP: Who's going to be a part of the meeting about your biopic?

Franklin: Mr. (Clive) Davis has gotten in the group and Suzanne de Passe, who co-wrote `Lady Sings the Blues.' Taylor Hackford, who did ... `Ray' ... and the William Morris agent and myself. Those are the principals that will be meeting this weekend.

AP: What do you think about Audra McDonald starring in the film?

Franklin: The question where Audra is concerned is whether or not Audra can get into soul. That would be the question because she has the voice, she has a beautiful instrument. I just wonder how far she can get over into soul.

AP: What about Jennifer Hudson? She has a lot of soul.

Franklin: Jennifer would come up with some good things.

AP: Anyone else?

Franklin: The rest would come out of the producer's book. People that they want me to listen to that I may not know.

Mr. Hackford, I have David Lee Hunter on the line! Should I call the police, or just hang up?

No comments:

Post a Comment