As predicted last week on this blog, Traverse City Craigslist rental scammer David Lee Hunter has left prison and returned to Charlevoix.
Hunter, who plead guilty in September 2013 to two felony counts of conversion by false pretenses, was sprung on June 16 after serving a total of 23 months. Hunter will be under parole supervision until June 16, 2017.
Hunter parlayed a one-month rental of a home at 412 Wadsworth Street in Traverse City during the summer of 2012 into a Craiglist scam that ensnared six people in a web of financial deception.
Hunter is under the following parole supervision conditions:
- Contact agent no later than first business day after release
- Must not change residence
- Must not leave state
- Not engage in any behavior that constitutes a violation
- Comply with alcohol and drug testing ordered by field agent
- Not associate with anyone he knows to have a felony record
- Must not own or possess a firearm
- Must not own, possess or use any object as a weapon
- Make earnest efforts to find and maintain employment
- Must comply w/special conditions, written and verbal orders
If you see Hunter, tell him a "batshit crazy blogger" says howdy!