}

Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2016

PARTNERSHIP? Our Lips Are Sealed!

With its March 18, 2016 ceremonial groundbreaking (with cupcakes!) in the rear view, progress on the Grand Traverse Academy's new math and science center has apparently run smack into a wall.


And although construction activity was supposed to begin right after July 4th, according to a statement made by Mark Noss during the GTA's June 24th board meeting, construction on the 29,000 square foot expansion has yet to commence.

But, there's that sign (shown above), a banner flogging GTA enrollment based on the new facility and the claim "partnering with Traverse City State Bank".

In my advertising experience, you don't use a partner's logo (like the GTA did with the bank's) unless you have a signed release and a solid agreement.

So I went to the source: Traverse City State Bank.

On Monday, I sent an email to TCSB's Marketing Manager. Here's an excerpt:

"I am writing to request a comment for my blog, "Glistening, Quivering Underbelly", on the partnership between the Grand Traverse Academy (GTA) and Traverse City State Bank (TCSB).

As you will note in the attached image, the GTA is promoting a "partnership" between the school and the TCSB. From the public signage, it would appear the TCSB has closed on a loan to fund the construction of the GTA's new Math and Science Center."

I provided the Marketing Manager with my deadline (Thursday, July 21 at 10:00am) and my contact information.

And although I followed up with reminder email, my inquiry went unanswered.

Yup, crickets.

So, if the sign's still there, where's the construction equipment?

Anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment