}

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

David Hunter: Charlevoix man goes from "medical miracle" to Traverse City Craigslist rental scammer (nice work if you can get it, right?)

LEFT: David L. Hunter

TRAVERSE CITY, MI -- A Charlevoix man signed only a one-month lease on a Traverse City home earlier this year.

But in the short time David Hunter lived there, police say he grew to know its qualities well, allegedly giving several tours to potential renters while acting as an owner.

He signed several one-year lease agreements with potential renters and collected six $1,000 payments for security deposits, The Traverse City Record-Eagle reports. 

The leases were to start after he moved out. Renters reportedly contacted police after Hunter, 38, offered only excuses of why they couldn't move in on time. They heard of the home through a Craigslist ad.

Hunter faces a felony count of false pretenses between $1,000 and $20,000.

If the name sounds familiar, here's why: Hunter was featured on TV 7&4 on June 23, 2010 (see below). He claimed to have had a "medical miracle"...yeah, sure. He also claims on his LinkedIn profile to run a company called "B&W Records". Come on David, the only records you have are on your ever-growing rap sheet!


CHARLEVOIX, MI -- A medical diagnosis put one Northern Michigan man and his family on edge.
David Hunter was preparing for what he thought could be the end of his life.
"I had pain that seemed to be in my left tonsil, and it was so bad, I knew I needed to go in and get some antibiotics," said David Hunter.

This is where the story starts for David, a 36 year old man who says he's in good health.  He went to Charlevoix Area Hospital Sunday.  Doctors performed a CT-scan to determine what was wrong, and he said the results were passed on to a local hospital because Charlevoix doesn't have a radiologist on staff.  The results came in.

"They wheeled me into the room and told me I had three brain aneurysms, and one was leaking," said Hunter.

It was determined to be so bad, he said hospitals in the area weren't capable to perform the emergency surgery that was needed.

"I just started to tear up, I started to think, wow, me?  I mean, you never just think that'd happen to you.  I was scared to death," said Hunter.

He was airlifted to U-of-M Hospital in Ann Arbor.  His family, torn up by the results, rushed downstate to be with him.  Doctors looked at the results, performed tests, and this is where the story turns.
"I thought I was going to die, or there was a chance I was going to die, I thought I was going to have major brain surgery, and then nothing, I'm completely fine," said Hunter.

Monday, doctors told him they couldn't find anything wrong.  A diagnosis that shocked his family.
"It's still like stumbling through a dream, it doesn't seem real, it doesn't seem real," said his mom Kathy Hunter.

“I'm still trying to make sense of it, I'd love to know what happened, because then I can wrap my hands about it a little more," said David.

(Wonder if he stiffed the hospital for the medical treatment?)

No comments:

Post a Comment